Friday, December 20, 2013

Cosmetic Warrior - LUSH Fresh Face Mask Review

Cosmetic Warrior

Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask

Overview

Directly from the lush website:
"Spots! Oily areas! Blackheads! The frustration of having breakout prone skin can incite aggressive, ‘industrial’ type cleaning. Unfortunately, breakout prone skin is often very sensitive, so using harsh cleansers can actually make the problem worse. Don’t over attack your skin; lead it firmly down the path to salvation with Cosmetic Warrior. Cosmetic Warrior is kind to problem-laden faces thanks to moisturizing egg whites and honey, which smooth and tighten the pores. Antiseptic garlic and tea tree oil effectively clean and disinfect spots for a fresh, clear face."

I like to scoop this puppy up when my skin is acting out because I know the tea tree oil will do its magic and clear things up for me. I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but I'm willing to power through it if it means my skin is clear. :)

What's in it? (click each ingredient for more info.)

Kaolin , Fresh Green Grapes (Vitis vinifera) , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Honey (Mel) , Cornstarch (Zea mays) , Glycerine , Fresh Garlic (Allium sativum) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , *Limonene , Perfume

What's it smell like?

GARLIC AND TEA TREE OIL. Holy moly, if you don't like the scent of either one of those, then this mask if not for you. I actually don't mind the scent because it reassures me that the mask is disinfecting my skin.

How much is it?

This puppy costs $6.95 for 2.1oz. Like the Cupcake mask, I can usually get four or five thick masks out of this baby within the two week time frame they recommend.

Does it work?

LUSH claims that the egg white and honey moisturize and tighten pores while the garlic and tea tree oil contain antiseptic properties that clear the skin. I can attest to both of these. I normally like my pores to feel clean and open after washing it or using a mask, but this definitely tightens everything up. The garlic and the tea tree oil help to clear my skin over the course of the two weeks I stretch this mask out for. Are the results immediate? No. But there are results. I would recommend anything with tea tree oil in it.

Pros

  • Nice, fresh ingredients
  • Thick consistency (like the other, but still easy to work with)
  • Feels nice on the skin
  • Decent price for number of masks you can get out of it

Cons

  • Heavy garlic and tea tree oil smell


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment