Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Who doesn't like Cupcakes? - LUSH Fresh Face Mask Review

Cupcake

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

Overview

I love the Fresh Face Masks from LUSH! I look forward to using them most of the time (more on that in a later post) and treat myself to a mini spa day. I love the feeling of the mask on my skin, especially with the peppermint & spearmint oils in it. It's a nice, thick consistency and one little jar lasts me about two weeks in the fridge. Although I've honestly had a jar for a few months and I still use it. However, I would recommend using them as soon as possible with a steam tab to really open up the pores and allow them to sink into the skin.


What's in it? (click ingredients for more info.)

Rhassoul Mud , Glycerine , Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum) , Talc , Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao) ,Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Fresh Mint (Mentha arvensis)Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Spearmint Oil (Mentha viridis) ,Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , *Limonene , Perfume


What's it smell like?

Chocolatey goodness. You can definitely tell that they use Cocoa powder in this puppy. It smells delicious and it's definitely my favorite smelling FFM.


How much is it?

This baby costs $6.95 for 2.1 oz. I can get about four thick masks out of one jar within the two weeks this is supposed to be good for.

Me wearing Cupcake

Does it work?

They claim that this mask is great for young, oily, and spotty skin. The spearmint oil cools, the vanilla absolute soothes redness, and the Rhassoul Mud deep-cleanses the pores.

That being said, while I love the smell and the feel of this mask on my skin, I really didn't notice any difference in the oil on it. In fact, as much as I hate to say this, I think the mask made my skin breakout even more. This could very well be a result of the Rhassoul mud in the mask deep cleaning my pores and pulling all of the gunk out of them. I hope this is the case because I really really want to love this mask with all my heart. It's too much fun not to love! I've only used the one jar. Right now I'm trying to give all of the masks a shot, so it might be a while before I try it out again, but I definitely plan on it!


Pros

  • Smells great!
  • Thick consistency, but still easy to work with.
  • Decent price
  • Fresh ingredients


Cons

  • Made me break out


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment